Dr. Brendan Androsoff receives inaugural CAA Up and Coming Award


In this blog series, we recognize the CAA 2022 Up and Coming Award recipient, Dr. Brendan Androsoff. Learn a little more about him and the words of wisdom he has to offer.

Dr. Brendan Androsoff is the recipient of the Chiropractic Association of Alberta (CAA) Up and Coming Award presented at the CAA 2022 Commitment to Care Conference. He is a determined and resilient young chiropractor who initiated his licensing and practice through challenging pandemic times. Navigating a path to serve his community, he is representative of a large cohort of young chiropractic doctors in Alberta.

Dr. Androsoff attended the flagship chiropractic program at the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon. A delay in writing his Board exams and the closure of chiropractic clinics across the country provided the time to set up a career path best suited to his skills and interests. During that time, Dr. Androsoff surrounded himself with mentors and supporters to help guide him through the process. He started his practice in 2021 and currently provides chiropractic care at Active Health in Calgary.

Being a new graduate, what is your hope for chiropractic care in the future?

I would like to see more awareness of the chiropractic profession to the public, expanding our scope and utilization of chiropractors within primary care. In Alberta, we have great utilization of chiropractors in the country, which is phenomenal. We can say we have about 25 per cent of the population seeing a chiropractor, but what about the other 75 per cent who can really benefit from it? We still have work to do.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying?

I am motivated by Helen Keller’s quote: "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all."

What talents would you most like to have?

To speak another language or play a musical instrument.

What is a profession you would have chosen, if not chiropractic, and why?

Maybe firefighting because I've always enjoyed helping people in a variety of ways.

Congratulations, Dr. Androsoff!